Cleaning tile and grout has a big impact on your home. It can mean the difference between having a healthy or unhealthy family. However, not only is it important for your family’s health, it can mean the difference between selling your house at your asking price or settling for something less. Plus, it can mean the difference between a home you can be proud of and a home you don’t want to show visitors.
Since grout (the substance between each tile on a tile floor) is porous, it is very easy for dirt and bacteria to get stuck. If you have kids crawling around or pets that walk around your house, they are constantly putting their hands or paws on that bacteria and dirt … increasing the chances or sickness. There are also risks of mold and mildew growth causing problems for those with allergies; even just breathing the air around the mold and mildew may be hazardous. The reaction of these allergies can be as mild as a few sneezes or as serious as trouble breathing or worse. Keeping clean tile and grout is extremely important to your family’s health.
When looking for a new home potential buyers consider the most important rooms to look at are the kitchen and bathrooms. These are also the rooms that are most likely to have tile and grout. Dirty grout lines give a bad impression. The perception is that if someone does not take care of the appearance of the tile, they must neglect other parts of the home as well. They will question, “If the grout is dirty and you see that every day, what about the maintenance issues that are not as apparent?” Grout cleaning can mean the difference between selling your home or not. Consider this, if you looked at two homes, one that was clean with white grout lines, and one that was dirty and obviously not taken care of, but the floors plans were identical, which one would you want to buy? You would select the clean one, which would sell faster and likely for a higher price.
Finally, cleaning tile and grout cleaning means that you will not be intimidated to show people your home. It just looks nicer for the grout to be its intended color. This is not only because it shows you do grout cleaning often, but also you care for the appearance of your home.
If you’re looking for help with cleaning tile and grout in your home in Santa Rosa, CA or the North Bay area, call North Bay Carpet Care at (707) 540-0175 or (877) 893-9374.
Important More homeowners are increasing the value and appearance of the home with Tile and Grout. They are discovering the durability, beauty and health benefits associated with one of the oldest flooring types in existence. Here are some quick tips to properly select and maintain your tile and grout.
Tile flooring comes in a wide variety of materials to meet your every need. Important considerations include:
- Ceramic – Ceramic tile is created by mixing clay and water then firing and is less dense. Ceramic tile is highly versatile although it is prone to cracking under pressure and could scratch easier than other more dense options, but is still a great option for almost any area. Ceramic tile requires the use of professional tile and grout services on a more frequent basis, because it has a tendency to remain more prone to stains due to the increased absorbency .
- Porcelain Tile – Porcelain is created from combining very fine clay with other minerals to create a very dense and water resistant product that withstands heavy traffic while resisting scratches and stains, making it great for outdoor or high traffic areas. You can be more sporadic with cleaning ceramic tile and grout. but still need to perform tile and grout cleaning
- Mortar – When laying tile and grout the underlying “mud” that secures the tile in place is just as important as the type of tile. Always make sure you use a reputable installer to avoid problems in the future. Even though it isn’t visible once the tile is in place, the underlying mortar must remain free of air bubbles, allow “breathing” due to tiny settlement and shifting in the flooring and hold up over time. Newer forms of mortar are mixed with compounds that allow flexibility and expansion without deteriorating over long periods of time.
- Grout – The type of grout used can dramatically impact the quality of the flooring. Dirty grout is the most common cause for most tile and grout cleaning calls since it tends to be the most absorbent part of the flooring. Use a high quality grout and sealant to prevent stains and dirt from accumulating in between professional tile and grout services.
- Sealant – Keep in mind that sealant wears away over time, and both tile and grout may require sealant to help preserve the luster and beauty of the flooring. Depending upon the traffic patterns, type of tile and sealant used it may be necessary to have the tiles professionally cleaned and re-sealed every two to three years.
It is simple when using a reputable company like North Bay Carpet Care. Call us today for a free consultation about tile and grout in your Santa Rosa, CA area home or business: (707) 540-0175 or (877) 893-9374.